To support the
Woodland Indian Arts
and Culture Initiatives,
please make a donation
today, and then join us
August 15 for live
music, demostrations, and spirited
discussion. And don’t
miss the feast and the
native arts market!
Monday, October 24, 2011 11:00 am – 4:00pm
The Artists Toolbox Open House (flyer)
Campanile Center for the Arts
131 West Milwaukee Street, Minocqua Wisconsin
Call Kathleen at: 715-588-1514 to RSVP
You are invited to an informational Open House for all artists (musicians, performers, visual arts, Native American artists, writers, poets) and non-profit arts & cultural organizations, and for-profit art businesses. Learn about the variety of resources, tools, and services available to you.
Information on services, resources, workshops, funding, program development and more provided by representatives from these participating Organizations:
- Arts Wisconsin: Arts Wisconsin’s ArtsPeer Advisory Network provides experienced, professional, and creative arts administrators to work with artists and arts organizations needing outside perspectives, timely information, fresh eyes, and objective viewpoints to solve problems, identify opportunities, or establish new directions.
- The Wisconsin Arts Board: The Wisconsin Arts Board is the state agency which nurtures creativity, cultivates expression, promotes the arts, supports the arts in education, stimulates community and economic development, and serves as a resource for people of every culture and heritage.
- First Peoples Fund: Founded in 1995, First Peoples Fund's mission is to honor and support the creative community-centered First Peoples artists; and nurture the collective spirit® that allows them to sustain their peoples. Our vision is to communicate to the world the roots and philosophy of Indigenous artistic expression and its relationship to the collective spirit of First Peoples. We will strive to provide support and voice to the creative Indigenous artists who share their inspiration, wisdom, knowledge and gifts with their communities.
- New York Foundation for the Arts: For 40 years, NYFA’s mission has been to empower artists at critical stages in their creative lives. NYFA, and our new sub-brand Artspire, provide services and resources to artists in all disciplines including visual, literary and performing artists. These resources include: NYFA Source, a database of over 8,000 opportunities listing awards, services, calls for entries, and other resources for artists; Artspire, our fiscal sponsorship program for individual artist projects and emerging organizations, and our website NYFA.org, which includes national and international classified job and event listings. These resources help artists build their professional careers, find new opportunities, and increase their fundraising potential.
- Springboard for the Arts: Springboard for the Arts' mission is to cultivate a vibrant arts community by connecting artists with the skills, contacts, information and services they need to make a living and a life. Springboard for the Arts is an economic and community development organization for artists and by artists. Our work is about building stronger communities, neighborhoods, and economies, and we believe that artists are an important leverage point in that work. Springboard for the Arts' mission is to cultivate vibrant communities by connecting artists with the skills, information, and services they need to make a living and a life.
- Portal Wisconsin: portalwisconsin.org is a nonprofit web site created by the partners of the Cultural Coalition of Wisconsin to support the state's culture, arts, humanities and history. PortalWisconsin.org includes a statewide events calendar, feature stories, news, virtual tours, streaming video and audio, a gallery of Wisconsin artists, course listings and much more. Visitors can navigate our content through a variety of means, including searches by keyword, subject area and date. Content is updated almost daily.
Break Out Sessions
|Noon – 1:00 pm
Talk about where you are with your fundraising efforts, what challenges are you facing, and share and learn from each other’s successes. Eleanor Whitney Program Officer, External Affairs & Fiscal Sponsorship Artspire, a Program of the New York Foundation for the Arts will lead this break out session.
|1:00 - 2:00 pm
||Project Development for Organizations
Wisconsin Arts Board staff member Anne Pryor will be available to meet with nonprofits arts organizations interested in applying for arts project funding. To make an appointment to meet with Anne, contact her at email@example.com or 608-266-8106 by Thursday, October 20.
||Folk and Traditional Arts Apprenticeship Program
Wisconsin Arts Board staff member Anne Pryor will be available to meet with individual artists interested in the Folk and Traditional Arts Apprenticeship Program. To make an appointment to meet with Anne, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-266-8106 by Thursday, October 20.
|11:00 am –
|One-On-One ArtsPeer Consultations
Twenty-minute consultations will be held during the Open House for participants who want to bounce around some ideas, discuss long-range planning, fundraising, and next-step resources.
Executive Director Anne Katz will provide consultations. To sign up for your 20 minute session during the Open House contact Anne at email@example.com by Thursday, October 20.